Sweet Goat's Cheese, Orange and Almond Tart
- 9oz / 250g sweet short crust pastry
- 9oz / 250g mild soft goat's cheese - I prefer Anna Leveques fresh goats cheese
- 9oz / 250g cream cheese
- 4 ½ oz / 125 g caster sugar
- Grated zest of ½ orange
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1oz / 25g flaked almonds
1. Roll out the pastry and line a 9" / 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Bake blind for 10 minutes, then remove the baking beans and bake for a further 5 - 10 minutes.
2. Beat the cheeses with the sugar, orange zest and vanilla until smooth. Add the yolks one at a time, and then stir in the cream.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and then fold into the goat's cheese mixture.
4. Pour into the tart shell and scatter the almonds over the surface.
5. Place the tart in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 170°C / 325°F / Gas 3. Bake for 20 minutes or until just set. (Don't worry it it's still a little wobbly, it will set while cooling.)
Serve warm or at room temperature - delicious with clementines in caramel.
Labels: Main Course