Blackrock Stout Bread
Blackrock Stout in a bread recipe - and WOW the result was fantastic. A dark, sweet bread with a wonderful malty flavour. Not to mention a great way of sneaking a little stout into the system during the Lenten period!!
- 450g/1lb Coarse Wholemeal
- 2 level teaspoons Bread Soda
- 25g/ 1 oz Pinhead Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoons Demerara Sugar
- 100g Chopped Walnuts
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 1 tablespoon Treacle
- 400ml Black rock stout
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 375F / Gas 5. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Put butter and treacle into a saucepan over a low heat and allow the butter to melt.
- Meanwhile, put the Wholemeal, pinhead, sugar and chopped walnuts into a bowl. Sieve in the bread soda and mix well.
- When the butter has melted, add the stout and stir.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well. Transfer mixture to prepared tin and bake for about 40 to 50 minutes until risen and when tapped underneath has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
Labels: Bread And Cakes