2012 New season Rhubarb has arrived in The Country Store, Dungarvan - YIPEE!! I was overjoyed to find Rhubarb back on the shelves of country store today. Its early this year, must be the mild weather. To celebrate its arrival I made a Rhubarb crumble.
- 750g Rhubarb cut into 2.5cm pieces
- Honey to drizzle
- A squeeze of orange juice
- 150g Plain flour
- 100 butter, chilled and cubed
- 75g brown sugar
- 60g Porridge oats - Flahavans of course
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- To make the crumble topping, put the flour in a large mixing bowl. Lightly rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and oats.
- Generously drizzle the Rhubarb with honey and a squeeze of orange juice, then top with crumble and bake for 30-70 minutes until golden and the rhubarb juices are bubbling.
- Serve with cream or custard.