Roast Beetroot and Carrots with Seville marmalade glaze
What a wonderful companions these too make. A carrot will supply all your vitamin A needs for the whole day whilst beetroot is a natural detoxifier and blood purifier and is also rich in a variety of nutrients that are important for the immune system to work with full efficiency because beets encourage the production of antibodies that fight against the disease or infection in our body - they are the perfect veggies for our après Christmas bodies!
- 4 medium sized beetroot, cooked until al dente and peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 medium sized carrots, cooked until al dente and peeled and cut similar sized chunks as the beetroot
- I table spoon of Seville orange marmalade
- 1 dessert spoon of olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Pre heat the oven to 170C. Put a roasting tin in the oven to warm.
- Mix the marmalade and olive oil in a bowl, add the carrots and carrots and stir until the carrots and beetroot are coated with the olive oil/marmalade, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the roasting tin and roast for 15 minutes.
- I usually serve these with some toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Labels: Side Dishes And Relishes