Crab Cakes with coriander and chilli
The flavour and quality of crab varies hugely. I love the Helvic crab stocked in Helvic seafood, it has a wonderfully sweet flavour as opposed to the blandness of pasteurised crab which can often be found on supermarket shelves.
Serves 4 as a starter.
- 225g crab meat
- 50g spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 50g mayonnaise
- 75g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season to taste and mix gently until well combined. Divide the mixture into eight and then shape into crab cakes.
Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the crab cakes and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until heated through and golden brown
Arrange the crab cakes on plates with some lightly dressed green salad and coriander sauce to serve.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 15g fresh coriander finely chopped
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lime