Roast Lemon Chicken with pepper aioli
This is a quick dinner for family of five. I often get it all ready in the morning , put in the fridge and then cook in the evening. There is something in it for everyone. If you are not a fan of pepper, swop them with some carrots and parsnips, peel and cut into smallish chunks, as you want everything to cook at the same time.
- 1 x 1500g chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I asked my butcher to do it for me)
- 1 Red Peppers
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 15 baby potatoes
- 2smallish red onions
- 1 small lemon
- Bunch of Rosemary, sprigs and leaves.
- 1 roast red pepper (roast in the oven until the pepper starts to go black and collapse)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (if you have it)
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- First Brown chicken in a frying pan until golden.
- Peel sweet potato, and cut into chunks, quarter peppers, peel and quarter onions, quarter lemon, toss all vegetables including potatoes and lemon in olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place all vegetables in a large oven proof dish, put chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with lots of rosemary. Roast for 35-40 minutes in a pre heated oven. Once cooked turn off the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- For the red pepper aioli, pop roast red pepper (skin and seeds removes) along with 2 cloves of garlic, 3 table spoons of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of smoked paprika in a food processor, blitz for 1 minute until combined. Transfer to a small bowl and serve with chicken.
Labels: Main Course