Sticky Orange Flapjacks
These are a great favourite in our house. Handy for the lunch boxes or just to have in the tin.
- 2 small oranges
- 9oz butter, diced
- 9 oz caster sugar
- 6oz golden syrup
- 15 oz porridge oats
- 2 tbsp sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp fine shred orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a baking tin measuring 8½ x11½ inches
- Finely grate the zest of the two oranges. Place in a heavy based saucepan over a moderate heat; add the butter, sugar and golden syrup. When the butter has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the oats, until evenly coated in syrup.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level surface. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes until turning deep golden brown around the edges, the mixture will still be very soft in the centre. Leave in the tin until almost cold.
- Heat the marmalade in a small saucepan with 1 tbsp of water until syrupy Brush evenly over flapjack. Turn out onto boars and cut into 18 bars. Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
Labels: Bread And Cakes