Focaccia - of course I made it myself…!
700g (1 ½ Lb) Strong plain white flour
1 7g sachet dried yeast
450ml (3/4 Pint) warmed water
45ml (3tblsp) Olive Oil
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
A few sprigs of Rosemary
1. Sift Flour , salt and yeast into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the warm water and the olive oil to form a soft dough.
2. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic, then place in a greased bowl. *Cover with a cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for 1½-2 hours until doubled in size.
3. Knock back the dough and divide into two pieces. Roll out into 2 10 Inch circles and place on greased baking sheets. Cover with damp cloth and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Using your fingers make deep dimples with your fingers and drizzle olive oil in the dimples, sprinkle with rock salt, rosemary and spray with water.
5. Bake at 200oC for 20-25 minutes, spraying with water twice during cooking.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm is possible or on the same day.
Labels: Bread And Cakes